Orland Park, IL — Two-term Orland Park Mayor Keith Pekau has established a track record of putting people over politics. Many county and township leaders throughout the region have taken notice of these results—and of Pekau’s strong, effective, common-sense principles. These leaders recently expressed their admiration for Pekau’s success, as well as their support for his run for Congress. This is what these county and township officials had to say:
- Tim McCarthy, Retired Secret Service Agent and Former Orland Park Police Chief: “Keith Pekau shares my passion for public safety, and he’s proven his commitment to keeping Orland Park families safe by working proactively with our police department to reduce crime to its lowest level in 27 years. He has my full support in his run for Congress.”
- Sean Morrison, Cook County Commissioner and Cook County Republican Party Chairman: “I’m proud to endorse Keith Pekau, because he’s the common-sense conservative we need. He has worked with me to fight back against the extreme, far-left agendas of Toni Preckwinkle and Kim Foxx here in Cook County. He will do the same in Washington to stop Nancy Pelosi, Marie Newman, and Sean Casten from implementing their radical agenda.”
- Mike Fricilone, Will County Board Member and former 3rd Congressional District Republican nominee: “I have known Keith for almost 20 years, well before he ever ran for office. Keith Pekau has proven time and time again that he puts people over politics, just as I knew he would. That’s exactly the kind of leadership we need in Washington, and I’m happy to endorse him to represent the 6th District.”
- Dan Patlak, Former Cook County Board Review Member: “As Orland Park’s Mayor, Keith Pekau has proven he understands how to grow the economy and be fiscally responsible. In Washington, he’ll fight inflation and help create good-paying, middle-class jobs. I’m proud to support him.”
- Brent Woods, Palos Township Supervisor Pro-Temp: “Whether it’s lowering taxes, keeping people safe, or growing the economy, Keith Pekau has gotten results. He is a dedicated leader who works tirelessly to put people over politics. I wholeheartedly endorse his campaign to represent the 6th District in Congress.”
This list represents a wide range of respected county and township leaders from throughout the 6th District, and their endorsements reflect the growing momentum of Keith Pekau’s campaign. For a full list of endorsements and quotes, visit KeithPekau.com/Endorsements.
“I want to thank my fellow local leaders who offered their much-appreciated endorsements,” Pekau said. “As a mayor, I know real change starts at the local level, and I’ll bring that mindset to Congress. Their support means a lot to our campaign, and to me personally, as do their kind words. I look forward to proving them right by putting people over politics in Washington.”
About Mayor Keith Pekau: Keith Pekau was elected Mayor of Orland Park in April 2017 in his first run for elected office. During his tenure, Keith proactively worked to reduce crime in Orland Park, leading to the lowest village crime rate in over a quarter-century. He works closely with regional municipal and business partners, co-founded the Chicago Southland Interstate Alliance, an I-80 corridor development group, and is on the board of the I-80 Coalition. Keith is a decorated combat veteran and Air Force Instructor Weapons System Officer. Born and raised in Orland Park, he has a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering from Arizona State University and an M.B.A. from Duke University, as a Fuqua Scholar.